In my opinion, it seems like Holden doesn’t like school because of the kind of people that are there. He says the richer the person is the more of a crook they are. He also says that there are a lot of fake people out in the world. I can understand what he means by this but I don’t believe that everyone is fake just those who try to impress others by being something they're not. He is not dumb but he doesn’t pay attention to what he does and would rather just not put the effort.
What do you mean by the kind of people that are there? Describe them more?. I agree that if he were to pay attention and but effort in school then he wouldn't be failing and getting kicked out.
ReplyDeleteI can see where you are coming from when you say "Holden doesn’t like school because of the kind of people that are there." but I disagree. I don't think that is why he doesn't like school because its not likely that he didn't like everyone that went to school with him. After all he seemed to like his roommate Stradlater. When Ackley was calling him a "sonovabitch" and saying that he isn't that great of a person, Holden stood up for him and said that Ackley didn't like him because he didn't know him that well. So if he likes his roommate i don't think its safe to assume that is the reason that he doesn't like school.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you when you said that people pretend to be something there not because now a days i still see that going on; and why do you think he's not putting in any effort towards school?
ReplyDeleteThe people there seem to be annoying to Holden. He finds something bad about everyone, even if it’s a little thing. I do think that at first he protects Stradlater from what Ackley thinks about him, but later on we see that they actually get in a fight. The reason for the fight is because of Jean and Holden’s feeling towards Stradlater being with her.
ReplyDelete