Monday, November 1, 2010

RESPONSE TO QUESTION #2

Holden seems like he separates himself from family, friends and life, but then again I can relate to what he is saying. In my opinion, Holden dislikes school and doesn't care because and his grades speak for itself. He hates all of his teachers, especially the elderly history teacher, Mr. Spencer. He probably dislikes his school due to the other students' described by him in the book. He is failing four out of five of classes and doesn't seem to even worry about his slipping grades. He is not dumb in any way, but he needs to focus on his schoolwork and apply himself more.

3 comments:

  1. What makes you think Holden hates his elderly history teacher, Mr. Spencer? I would have thought that he likes Mr. Spencer pretty much considering the fact that he went to see him and say goodbye to him before he left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Meral, i think that Holden likes Mr. Spencer Quite a lot. After all didn't he say he the note he wrote on his paper was so when Mr. Spencer flunks him he wouldn't feel as bad. It seems to me like Holden cares about his teacher's feelings but just finds many things about his teacher very irritating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree with Meral. I thought that Holden actually liked Mr.Spencer. He did go to his house to say bye, wouldn't that mean that he did like him enough to say bye.He probably just doesn't like the fact that Mr.Spencer tells Holden things that he already knows.

    ReplyDelete