Monday, November 1, 2010

Question 1

So far in the story I like Holden because of his attitude. For example the way he is so relaxed about everything and acts like nothing is a big deal. He says "If you really want to hear about it..." on the first page as if he isn't interested in telling you his story, he doesn't really care if you hear it or not. Another example is when his teacher Mr. Spencer is talking to him, he doesn't care what he really has to say, he just wants to get out of there because of the smell and he finds a lot of things about Mr. Spencer that irritate him. Even though Mr. Spencer only wants to help Holden, Holden has no interest in what Mr. Spencer has to say to him. Holden finds many things annoying or boring to him that I do too. In a way I can sympathize with Holden because I understand why he feels the way he does about certain things.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, do feel that he doesn't make everything a big deal. I can relate to Holden just how you do because i understand the way he acts or reacts to certain things

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote something similar to you answer. I agree, everything you had to say about Holden. I also can see how much of Holden is in you as well. Like what I said in my post, Holden lives his life the way he wants to.

    ReplyDelete