Monday, November 1, 2010

Juan (Question #2)

In my opinion, Holden doesn't seem to put much effort into school. He hates the teachers as well as the simple thought of school. I don't even think he would be the kind of kid who would even give the least bit of effort to get a passing grade, he would rather just fail than try at all. For example in Mr. Spencer's class if he had just read the book over once, Mr. Spencer might have perhaps thought about given Holden an extension at writing his paper. He is failing the majority of his classes because he is not doing his work and reading when he is supposed to. I believe he finds school to be a total and complete waste of time. In conclusion Holden is not dumb, but has a very lazy behavior, and that can be easily fixed. Even so, I hope Holden is able to change within the few days the story describes.

4 comments:

  1. I agree, Holdens failure to do his schoolwork was due to his lazyness. But don't you think that there were other factors that contributed to him not doing his schoolwork?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your right Holden doesn't really apply himself in school. He just doesn't bother trying since he thinks theres no point in school. Holden has always been the same in school even being kicked out of four schools. So im pretty sure he isn't going to change now or anytime soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think holden is actually very smart. He over analyzes every thing. He probably knows he needs to do well in school, but other things intreats him. No one can tell him he should do well like His professor, it wont change his opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be failing 4 courses and not to care too much about it can be pretty extreme, especially in our time. Maybe grades back then were not as important to poeple as they are now. what if others like Stadlater were not doing so good, like having pure "C"s. In, my opinion I don't think they're too many other factors into Holden's terrible performance in school.

    ReplyDelete