Johnny
In my personal opinion Holden is a guy who doesn't show much care for anything. Holden hates school and doesn't seem to like many of his teachers. Since he's failing four subjects and has no problem saying whats on his mind. He's been to four different schools already. He also hates how many schools contain fake people. But I don't think Holden is dumb, I just think he's a very lazy person with to many problems.
I agree with your conclusion. Holden is a very intelligent man, but he seems to not care for certain people who hides behind false appearances in order to please those around them.
ReplyDeleteI agree with your opinion, but I don't understand how he can just let time pass him by and not do anything to solve his problems. Its just like his life in school academically, he is not applying himself to help himself solve problems he has with poeple, Prencey Prep, or with his own health.
ReplyDeleteI agree with your point, but i think Holden isn't that lazy. I think he just has a lot of things going on for him at once that he gets confused on what to do while he spends most of his time finding phonies and judging people. Or he could have a lot of things on his mind that he wonders about, even though he should put school first, his life is just full of curiosity.
ReplyDeleteI agree with all of you, i do think Holden puts too much time in observing and judging others and calling them "fake" and "phony". Instead he should do something productive of once and focus in school and stop focusing on things that don't really matter.
ReplyDelete