Monday, November 1, 2010
Elizabeth
Holden doesn't put much effort in school because he just doesn't like school in general. In my opinion he could just care less about school. He doesn't seem like the type of guy that would try his best to even get an almost passing grade. For example, when his history teacher read his exam paper and saw that he had written a note to him saying it was okay if he flunked him. Holden doesn't really mind that he is failing. I don't think that he is dumb, he just doesn't try. If he tried to read his textbook from history class he probably could have had a well written paper and Mr. Spencer would be impressed. Although he didn't read the textbook he skimmed, that is just a result of laziness. He doesn't let other peoples opinions get to him, he just does his own thing and lives his life the way he wants to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with you when you wrote on how Holden wanted Mr. Spencer to flunk him and that it was fine with him. I think the real reason why he wanted him to flunk him was because he wrote "DEAR MR. SPENCER. THAT IS ALL I KNOW ABOUT THE EGYPTIANS... IT IS ALL RIGHT WITH ME IF YOU FLUNK ME THOUGH AS I AM FLUNKING EVERYTHING ELSE EXCEPT ENGLISH ANYWAY," (PG 17). Holden is avery lazy student due to the fact that he wrote only a paragraph in his essay.
ReplyDelete